Comprehensively revised and updated, this 2nd Edition of the Student Book is endorsed by WJEC offering high quality support you can trust.
- Straightforward and concise coverage of the specification, so students can be confident they are covering what’s needed for exam success .
- New ‘Test Yourself’ section at the end of each chapter to reinforce knowledge with answers provided in the book.
- New section on ‘Answering exam questions’ at the end of each unit gives guidance on command words and how to approach each question.
- New ‘Exam Practice questions’ at the end of each unit are taken from actual WJEC past papers with answers provided in the book.
- Enhanced support for practical skills enable you to embed your understanding of practical work.
- Increased maths support throughout with maths skills and techniques regularly tested throughout.
- Clear explanations and diagrams throughout.
- Includes the Periodic Table.
Peter Blake is a former senior lecturer in Chemistry at St Andrews and Cardiff Universities. He has been an examiner for A Level Chemistry for a number of years, during which time he has been involved in both specification revision and the authoring of study materials.
Elfed Charles has taught for thirty years in secondary schools, has experience of senior management and is a Principal Examiner in Chemistry at A Level for a major awarding body.
Kathryn Foster is a former Head of Science at a Sixth Form College. She has many years of experience teaching Chemistry A Level and is a Principal Examiner for Chemistry with a major awarding body.
Lindsay Bromley has worked as a senior research scientist in industry before moving into teaching 25 years ago. She currently runs the Chemistry department at a large comprehensive school and is a Principal Examiner in Chemistry at A Level for a major awarding body.
Jonathan Thomas has fifteen years’ experience as Head of Chemistry in a secondary school in South Wales, and has worked in a variety of additional roles including MAT coordinator and head of sixth form. He has been part of the paper evaluation panel in Chemistry at A Level for a major awarding body.
There are no additional resources for this product
We'd love to hear what you think about this title. Any comments you make would be really helpful for our publishing team.