Written by senior examiners, this full-colour course companion helps students develop a thorough understanding of the essential mathematical skills required in A Level Physics.
- Helps students understand how and why mathematical formulae work in physics and gives them the techniques they need to answer the range of exam questions effectively.
- Provides lots of practical advice, exemplified by numerous physics questions, on how students can build their all-important mathematical understanding which is of great importance in the A Level Physics exams.
- Topic-based content starts from basic fundamentals and slowly builds skills and understanding, using physics problems as the key worked examples throughout.
- Includes content on sinusoidal functions, complicated graphs and complex numbers.
- Detailed explanations within numerous worked examples help students understand the thinking behind each mathematical technique and how and when to use them.
- Numerous test yourself questions provide plenty of practice and skill reinforcement.
- Data exercises provide practice in using techniques to handle data and plot results.
- Quickfire quizzes rapidly reinforce skills and understanding as a topic progresses.
- Pointers provide hints for refining exam technique and avoiding common mistakes.
- The material has been mapped against the mathematical requirements criteria for all A Level Physics courses from AQA, Pearson, OCR and WJEC, CCEA, the International Baccalaureate, the Oxford University Physics Aptitude Test and the Cambridge Pre-U.