A practical, hands-on resource to help students tackle the Performing Monologues aspect of their Drama GCSE.
- Written by Annie Fox
- Provides guidance on how to choose a monologue, including the choice of character, style, content and genre.
- Includes a large selection of exemplar monologues and offers a synopsis of the play, rehearsal techniques and areas for further research on each one.
- Contains notes on additional scenes from the plays which could also be considered, studied and performed.
- Advice on how to rehearse, and how to tackle common problems such as timing, nerves, voice and eye-lines.
- Downloadable pro-forma sheets are also available including a rehearsal schedule, research, feedback, post-rehearsal notes and performance checklist.
- Suitable for AQA, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC/Eduqas GCSE Drama specifications.
Worksheets and Templates to accompany the book are available to download FREE on the Resources and Downloads tab.