This Revised Edition of the popular Student Book covers AQA’s updated GCSE Drama specification for first teaching from September 2020. Approved by AQA it provides high quality support you can trust. (For details of the 2016 edition which covers AQA’s 2016 specification, click here)
- Covers the new selection of set plays for 2020 in AQA’s updated specification: The Crucible, Blood Brothers, Noughts & Crosses, Things I Know to be True, Around the World in 80 Days, Romeo and Juliet, A Taste of Honey
- Fully supports the specification assessment objectives and covers the three components: Understanding drama, Devising drama, Texts in practice
- Includes plenty of practical suggestions for drama activities, and tasks to enable students to develop their performance and design skills
- Contains many contemporary examples of drama writing, staging, performance and interpretation to allow students to explore key ideas and skills in a relevant context
- Analysis and evaluation skills are highlighted and practised in all topics
- Interviews and case studies of key roles such as set designer and performer help improve student understanding
- Key drama terminology is identified and defined throughout.