This Play Guide is specifically written for A Level students who are studying Hedda Gabler as part of the AQA A Level Drama & Theatre specification. It provides structured support for Component 1: Section A – Drama and theatre.
This book is divided into three sections:
– How to explore a text for A level Drama and Theatre, with vocabulary-building sections on acting, directing and design
– An extended exploration of the play to enrich students’ understanding and response to the text
– Targeted examination preparation to improve writing and test-taking skills
- Fully supports the written examination and helps students develop their key knowledge and understanding of key A Level drama & theatre skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the play are developed with a synopsis, character and scene studies, contextual and practical exploration
- Includes a wide range of practical drama tasks, activities, and research and revision exercises
- Advice on how to interpret and prepare for exam questions with examples of effective responses
A selection of activity sheets from the book can be downloaded for free from the Resources and Downloads tab.
We'd love to hear what you think about this title. Any comments you make would be really helpful for our publishing team.