This Play Guide is specifically written for A Level students who are studying The Glass Menagerie as part of the AQA A Level Drama & Theatre specification. It provides structured support for Component 1: Section B – Drama and theatre.
This book is divided into three sections:
– How to explore a text for A level Drama and Theatre, with vocabulary-building sections on acting, directing and design
– An extended exploration of the play to enrich students’ understanding and response to the text
– Targeted examination preparation to improve writing and test-taking skills
- Fully supports the written examination and helps students develop their key knowledge and understanding of key A Level drama & theatre skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the play are developed with a synopsis, character and scene studies, contextual and practical exploration
- Includes a wide range of practical drama tasks, activities, and research and revision exercises
- Advice on how to interpret and prepare for exam questions with examples of effective responses
A selection of activity sheets from the book can be downloaded for free from the Resources and Downloads tab.