The AQA GCSE Media Studies Revision Guide has been revised and updated to reflect the latest amendments to the specification. This accessible and engaging resource will support students through their revision for the GCSE Media Studies assessments. (This book is replacing the 2019 edition. For details of the previous edition click here)
What’s new in the Revised Edition?
- Coverage of the new close study products for assessment from 2023 onwards, including:
- Black Widow (film – media industries)
- How You Like That by Blackpink (music video – media industries and media audiences)
- KISS Breakfast (radio – media industries and audiences)
- His Dark Materials: The City of Magpies (television programme – all four areas of the theoretical framework)
- The social media and online output of Marcus Rashford (online, social and participatory media – all four areas of the theoretical framework)
- The new magazine and newspaper editions for assessment in 2023
- Updated information on media contexts to reflect recent developments in culture and society.
- Up-to-date statistics and information about media industries and audiences.
What have we retained?
- Highly visual and engaging design.
- Detailed coverage of all areas of the specification, supported by highly illustrated examples.
- Exploration of each area of the theoretical framework of Media Studies, applied to a range of media forms and products.
- A dedicated chapter on analysis covering the skills required to analyse both previously unseen products and the close study products.
- Exam guidance chapter to support students with their preparation and techniques for each of the two question papers.
- A variety of knowledge check tasks and short questions to help students’ retrieval practice.
The Answers to the questions in the Revision Guide along with a Glossary are available to download on the Resources and Downloads tab.
We'd love to hear what you think about this title. Any comments you make would be really helpful for our publishing team.