Approved by AQA. The AQA GCSE Media Studies Student Book has been revised and updated to reflect the latest amendments to the specification. This accessible and engaging resource will support students through their GCSE Media Studies course. (This book is replacing the 2018 edition. For details of the previous edition click here).
What’s new in the Revised Edition?
- Coverage of the new close study products for assessment from 2023 onwards, including:
- Black Widow (film – media industries)
- How You Like That by Blackpink (music video – media industries and media audiences)
- KISS Breakfast (radio – media industries and audiences)
- His Dark Materials: The City of Magpies (television programme – all four areas of the theoretical framework)
- The social media and online output of Marcus Rashford (online, social and participatory media – all four areas of the theoretical framework)
- New examples of contemporary media products across a range of forms.
- Updated sections on media contexts to reflect recent developments in culture and society.
- Up-to-date statistics and information about media industries and audiences.
- New activities to reinforce students’ knowledge and understanding.
What have we retained?
- Highly visual and engaging design.
- Detailed coverage of all areas of the specification, supported by highly illustrated examples.
- Exploration of the theoretical framework of Media Studies, applied to a range of media forms and products.
- Dedicated chapter on the Non-Exam Assessment element of the specification provides clear guidance on how students will be assessed.
- Additional online exam guidance chapter introduces students to practice questions and the assessment objectives.
- A variety of activities and extension tasks to help students broaden their knowledge and understanding and encourage independent learning.