This title is being replaced by a Revised Edition which reflects the latest amendments to the specification. For details on the new book click here.
Written by practised Media Studies teachers with examining experience, and endorsed by AQA, this student book offers high quality support you can trust.
- Offering comprehensive coverage of the specification, this highly visual and colourful student book is designed to stimulate and inspire students.
- Written in clear and accessible language to offer explanations, examples and advice suitable for all GCSE Media Studies students, with extension activities to challenge the more able.
- Students will engage with the theoretical framework and the social, cultural, historical and political contexts through a variety of case studies.
- Features sections specifically focusing on media products selected from the first suite of Close Study Products, alongside student-centred guidance on how to approach the study of CSPs.
- The Non-Examined Assessment is supported with a chapter containing clear, student-focused guidance.
- A free exam chapter is available to download. It looks at the structure of the exam papers, examples of questions and some ‘right and wrong’ techniques in answering them.
Jerry Slater is lead developer for a major awarding body's new GCSE Media specification and Principal Examiner for Communication and Culture. He taught Media Studies from GCSE to degree level for over 25 years. He is an Associate Lecturer, Open University.
Steff Hutchinson has taught in Coventry secondary schools for over 30 years. A Media Studies, Photography and Fine Art specialist, she has been head of Media Studies and faculty leader for Expressive Arts, a local authority advisory teacher in the Arts, and is currently an Assistant Headteacher. Steff is a Principal Moderator for Media Studies and a contributor to a major awarding body's new Media specifications. She has written and delivered a variety of online and face-to-face training courses for teachers.
Julia Sandford-Cooke has nearly 20 years' experience of publishing and marketing. She has written and edited numerous textbooks, specialising in vocational education, media studies, construction, health and safety, and travel.
“Bought this book for my 2019 GCSE Media exam. Thought it was great!! It has amazing context and breaks everything down into sections. Used it heavily and managed to get a 9!! Really recommend it! Definitely worth the money because it gives you high and extensive level knowledge on each and every Closed Study Product as well as teaching you what theories and techniques to talk about with other modern media products. Also gives ideas on potential exam questions which is amazing!!”
5 star Amazon review
We'd love to hear what you think about this title. Any comments you make would be really helpful for our publishing team.