Coming March 2023
The WJEC/Eduqas Media Studies for A Level Year 2 & A2 Student Book has been revised and updated to reflect the latest amendments to the specification. This accessible and engaging resource will support students through their A Level Media Studies course.
What’s new in the Revised Edition?
- Coverage of the new set products for assessment from 2024 onwards.
- New examples of contemporary media products across a range of forms.
- Updated sections on media contexts to reflect recent developments in culture and society.
- Up-to-date statistics and information about media industries and audiences.
- New activities to reinforce students’ knowledge and understanding.
- Up-to-date information about the exam components including practice questions to help students with the skills they need for assessment.
What have we retained?
- Written by experienced Media Studies teachers and examiners, this engaging resource will encourage your students to become confident, independent learners and develop their skills as Media students.
- All areas of the specification are covered and supported by numerous highly-illustrated examples taken from the set products and optional choices.
- The theoretical framework underpinning media studies is explored and applied to a range of media forms and products.
- A dedicated chapter on the Non-Examined Assessment element of the specification provides clear guidance on how students will be assessed.
- Exam guidance sections introduce students to practice questions and the assessment objectives helping students with the skills they need for assessment.
- The book supports students taking Media Studies for the first time, as well as those who are progressing from GCSE.