Coming April 2022
The WJEC/Eduqas GCSE Media Studies Student Book has been revised and updated to reflect the latest amendments to the specification. This accessible and engaging resource will support students through their GCSE Media Studies course, and has entered into the WJEC/Eduqas endorsement process. (NB This book is replacing the 2018 edition. For details of the previous edition click here)
Draft pages available now! Download a selection of draft pages from the Resources and Downloads tab.
What’s new in the Revised Edition?
- Coverage of the new set products for assessment from 2021 onwards, including:
- Fortnite (for assessment from 2021 onwards)
- Waterfalls by TLC (for assessment from 2021 onwards)
- Intentions by Justin Bieber (for assessment from 2023 onwards)
- New examples of contemporary media products across a range of forms.
- Updated sections on media contexts to reflect recent developments in culture and society.
- Up-to-date statistics and information about media industries and audiences.
- New activities to reinforce students’ knowledge and understanding.
- Up-to-date information about the exam components including practice questions to help students with the skills they need for assessment.
What have we retained?
- Highly visual and engaging design.
- Detailed coverage of all areas of the specification, supported by highly illustrated examples.
- Exploration of the theoretical framework of Media Studies, applied to a range of media forms and products.
- A dedicated chapter on the Non-Exam Assessment element of the specification providing clear guidance on how students will be assessed.
- Exam guidance chapter to introduce students to practice questions and the assessment objectives.
- A variety of activities and extension tasks to help students broaden their knowledge and understanding and encourage independent learning.