The popular WJEC/Eduqas GCSE Media Studies Student Book has been revised and updated to reflect the latest amendments to the specifications. It covers the new set products for assessment from 2021, and includes the new set products added for assessment in 2024. Endorsed by WJEC/Eduqas, this accessible and engaging resource will support students through their GCSE Media Studies course.
Included in the Revised Edition:
- Coverage of the new set products for assessment from 2021 onwards, including:
- Waterfalls by TLC
- Intentions by Justin Bieber
- Coverage of the new set products for assessment from 2024 onwards including:
- New film poster and industry study – No Time to Die
- Revised television sitcom choices – Man Like Mobeen or Modern Family
- New music video and online media – Lizzo
- New examples of contemporary media products across a range of forms.
- Updated sections on media contexts to reflect recent developments in culture and society.
- Up-to-date statistics and information about media industries and audiences.
- New activities to reinforce students’ knowledge and understanding.
- Up-to-date information about the exam components including practice questions to help students with the skills they need for assessment.
It also features:
- Highly visual and engaging design.
- Detailed coverage of all areas of the specification, supported by highly illustrated examples.
- Exploration of the theoretical framework of Media Studies, applied to a range of media forms and products.
- A dedicated chapter on the Non-Exam Assessment element of the specification providing clear guidance on how students will be assessed.
- Exam guidance chapter to introduce students to practice questions and the assessment objectives.
- A variety of activities and extension tasks to help students broaden their knowledge and understanding and encourage independent learning.
(NB This book is replacing the 2018 edition. For details of the previous edition click here)
We'd love to hear what you think about this title. Any comments you make would be really helpful for our publishing team.