Written by a highly experienced team of authors with specification-development and examining experience, the student book is endorsed by WJEC.
- The content is presented in a stunning and imaginative style to help all abilities engage with the text.
- Core Knowledge and Food Commodity sections exemplify all important food preparation skills and the underlying science and nutrition aspects.
- All Commodities include tried and tested recipes and ideas for food investigations.
- A wide range of activities, tasks and questions throughout all topics reinforce learning.
- Exam practice and skills guidance provided throughout introduce you to the assessment criteria and mark schemes.
- The Non-Examined Assessment tasks are fully supported with a section providing clear guidance on assessment criteria, ways to approach the tasks and exemplar portfolio material.
Alison Clough-Halstead trained at Elizabeth Gaskell College, Manchester graduating with a BEd Hons in Home Economics. She is an experienced teacher in Home Economics/Food Technology and Hospitality and Catering and is currently teaching both GCSE and Level 3 BTEC. Alison also runs teacher training courses. She has been an examiner and coursework moderator for GCSE Food Technology and GCSE Hospitality for two major awarding bodies.
Fiona Dowling graduated with a BSc in Home Economics (Food and Nutrition) and has worked in food and education for over 30 years. She is an experienced teacher and has been moderating and examining both GCSE and Level 3 courses for over 10 years. Fiona teaches in the south west of England.
Victoria Ellis is an experienced teacher of Food and Nutrition and Head of Home Economics at Cwmtawe Community School, Neath Port Talbot. She has been an examiner and moderator for GCSE Food and Nutrition for a major awarding body for a number of years.
Jayne Hill qualified in 1978 as a Home Economics teacher from St Osyth College, Essex. She currently teaches both GCSE and A level specifications at Plymouth High School for Girls, and over her career has worked for several exam boards as both examiner and coursework moderator and latterly as principal examiner.
Bethan Jones BEd, graduated from Cardiff University. Her career includes teaching Food and Nutrition at A level and GCSE level mainly within secondary schools in Ceredigion, and prior to retirement, as Assistant Headteacher at Aberaeron Comprehensive school. She has been involved with Food and Nutrition and Catering for major awarding bodies for over fifteen years.
“I love your book! As a non-specialist, I have been using it as my main planning resource to ensure students are well prepared for their exam.”
5 star Amazon Review
There are no additional resources for this product
We'd love to hear what you think about this title. Any comments you make would be really helpful for our publishing team.