Boost eBooks are interactive, accessible and flexible. They use the latest research and technology to provide the very best experience for students and teachers.
Written by experienced author, teacher and examiner Matthew Penny, this comprehensive and colourful student book is now available as a Boost eBook. It is designed to fully support both WJEC and Eduqas students throughout their GCSE PE course.
- Covers the core components of the specification – Health, training & exercise, Exercise physiology, Movement analysis, Psychology of sport & physical activity and Socio-cultural issues in physical activity & sport.
- Each chapter is built around a central ‘Big Question’ which enables students to learn the subject content within a practical sporting context.
- Step-by-step approach allows students to gradually add more subject knowledge and skills throughout each chapter and equips them to fully answer the exam-style question at the end.
- Separate ‘Topic Tests’ check knowledge and understanding, and help students understand how exam questions are worded, enabling them to build an answer that tackles the required Assessment Objectives.
- Separate ‘Practical Investigations’ provide plenty of hands-on activities that bring difficult concepts and theories to life and help students personalise their learning.
- Detailed and colourful visual approach make it accessible and easy-to-follow.