New Revised book to match the Unit 1 changes publishing February 2022.
Please note: Specification changes to Unit 1 were announced by Pearson in late May 2021. These changes will apply to learners sitting Unit 1 exams from January 2022 and onwards. This means that Unit 1 within this book does not now match the revised specification.. Unit 2 within this book remains unchanged.
Book 1 – Certificate Units (Students study approaches and research methods)
- Worth up to 28 UCAS points and equivalent to half of an A Level.
- Students study two units, both mandatory, of which Unit 1 is externally assessed.
- Endorsed for BTEC.
- Each book provides knowledge and evaluation of theories and studies combined with many engaging activities which deliver the vocational element.
- Activities aim to prepare students for internal and external assessments.
- The brilliant visual style and tone will encourage students through every step of the course.
- Written by leading authors Cara Flanagan, Rob Liddle and Mark Walsh.
“I’m sure many of you are looking for a new Key Stage 5 qualification which is more accessible for lower achieving students. The new Pearson BTEC National in Applied Psychology could well fit the bill.
This book has been designed to cover Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Certificate Applied Psychology, which is worth up to 28 UCAS points and equivalent to half of an A Level – like the old-style AS. Students study two units, both mandatory, of which Unit 1 is externally assessed and Unit 2 internally assessed.
Those of you who have used Illuminate’s famous pink and green haired girl books (AQA A Level) will find the style very familiar. Sub-topics tend to be a two-page spread and the brilliant visual style and tone will be very appealing and accessible to students. The book provides knowledge and evaluation of theories and studies combined with many engaging activities which deliver the vocational element. It also contains lots of practical activities to inspire teachers and thoroughly prepare students for both internal and external assessments. Particularly useful are the revision summaries and examination style questions.
Written by respected and trusted authors, I’m sure this will become the text of choice for teachers and students of BTEC National Applied Psychology. This book has now been endorsed for BTEC and Book 2 for the National Extended Certificate Applied Psychology will be coming soon.
If you are thinking of introducing BTEC National Applied Psychology I strongly advise you to have a look at this book.”
ATP Magazine Review 2019
“Incredible. Full of every topic I need to know for my classes”
5 star Amazon reviews