Welsh language edition
This best-selling Student Book has been completely revised and updated to match the new Hospitality and Catering Level 1/2 (Technical Award) specification, for first teaching from September 2022. Written by renowned author Anita Tull and reviewed by experienced teacher and examiner Alison Palmer, this engaging student book will support students through their Level 1/2 course. (This book is replacing the 2018 edition. For details of the previous edition click here.)
What’s new in the 2nd Edition?
- Structure and content fully updated to match the new specification precisely.
- Completely new assessment sections in line with the new specification.
- New content throughout, including extensive new material covering the additional skills and techniques now required for 2.3 Food preparation and cooking techniques.
- Content re-organised under new specification Unit and Topic headings and numbering making it easy for students to follow.
- New Specification stems signposting to clearly show students which sections of information they need to ‘know’; ‘know and understand’; ‘be aware of’ and ‘be able to’.
- Recipes and Commodities sections available for FREE online.
What have we retained?
- Language and design tailored to the learning needs of Level 1 and Level 2 students.
- Visually stimulating layout to help ensure students engage with the content in a meaningful way, making it highly accessible for lower ability students.
- Practical activities together with learning features such as `Put it into Practice’ and `Scenarios’ to help students translate their knowledge and understanding to the world of work.
- Short and extended answer style questions throughout to help prepare students for assessment.
- Stretch and challenge activities encourage students to work towards achieving a higher grade, making them particularly useful for higher ability students.
- FREE suggested answers to Activities, end of topic Practice questions/Stretch and challenge activities from the new edition, available online.
When used in conjunction with our bestselling Study and Revision Guide students will have an unrivalled suite of resources to help them excel with their study of Hospitality and Catering.
We'd love to hear what you think about this title. Any comments you make would be really helpful for our publishing team.