This book is temporarily unavailable
Approved by AQA, this student book offers high quality support you can trust.
Written by renowned author Anita Tull and Garry Littlewood, this resource is designed to be the most motivating student-friendly book available.
- Its engaging visual style and tone will support your students through this course and help them thoroughly prepare for both their non-examined assessment tasks and exam.
- Designed for students of all ability level.
- Knowledge and understanding covers the specification content in the right level of detail and is written and presented in a highly accessible way.
- Recipes make the links between food preparation skills and the science of food and nutrition.
- Practical activities help your students connect theory and practice, and apply their understanding of food and nutrition to practical preparation.
- Non-Exam Assessment tasks are supported with a chapter giving you clear guidance on how you will be assessed.
- Exam practice and skills guidance is provided, introducing students to the assessment criteria and mark schemes.
- Extension questions and tasks will help stretch and challenge the most able learners.
Dr Anita Tull is the author of several renowned student books. She has worked in food and cooking skills education for forty years and has taught food, nutrition and cooking skills to children, teenagers and adults in a range of different schools and community initiatives; and hospitality and catering in a further education college. In 2015 she was awarded a PhD by the Centre for Food Policy, City, University of London.
Garry Littlewood is a Subject Leader for Food at Huntington School, York and teaches KS3, GCSE and A Level. He is involved in a CPD programme for the school and the City of York. In addition to teaching, Garry has moderating and GCSE specification development experience.
“What a fantastic textbook to celebrate the launch of this new and exciting course. Teachers and students should feel confident that they are teaching and learning exactly what the course intended. An extremely well written and structured textbook with subject content explained in a very student friendly way. Great visuals, variety of interesting recipe ideas, stretch and challenge activities with useful practice questions at the end of each chapter. An invaluable teaching resource with great advice on both NEA and final exam. I now feel confident and ready to teach!” Julie Stafford, Head of Food “Visual and clear, well set out. An excellent book, well written, would highly recommend, well researched and informative.” 5 star Amazon review
There are no additional resources for this product
We'd love to hear what you think about this title. Any comments you make would be really helpful for our publishing team.