Written by leading food author Dr Anita Tull, this revision guide provides you with reassuring support as you study through the course, and all the essential knowledge you need to revise for your written exam.
- The information is presented in a colourful and highly visual way.
- Summaries are included for every topic in the course.
- Mindmaps help you remember what you are revising.
- Key terms you need for your exam answers are provided for every topic.
- Activities help you learn the topics and test your knowledge.
- Revision Tips give you ideas and suggestions about different ways of revising.
- Exam skills and techniques are reinforced with a dedicated chapter of advice and guidance.
- Practice exam-style questions (with answers available) enable you to test yourself and provide plenty of practice for the exam.
Dr Anita Tull is the author of several renowned student books. She has worked in food and cooking skills education for forty years and has taught food, nutrition and cooking skills to children, teenagers and adults in a range of different schools and community initiatives; and hospitality and catering in a further education college. In 2015 she was awarded a PhD by the Centre for Food Policy, City, University of London.
AQA GCSE Food Preparation & Nutrition Revision Guide won the Food Teachers Centre Big Revision Guide Review 2017. It was awarded the most stars compared to Hodder, CGP and Collins with 52 out of a possible 60. “The engaging pages of this revision guide offer students plenty of useful techniques to help in a practical way, reinforce their learning, revise and prepare for the exam. The layout is clear and easy to follow and will encourage students to work through the book both in class and at home. With its attractive, bright, unpretentious layout and pertinent illustrations which relate to students’ lives, this revision guide will stimulate and encourage revision. The extensive amount of different and differentiated revision activities, tips and advice provide support for both students and teachers”
Joe Mann, Food Teachers Centre
“ This is a must have resource – just what is needed to prepare students for their examination.”
Senior Assistant Headteacher, Wollaston School
We'd love to hear what you think about this title. Any comments you make would be really helpful for our publishing team.