Written by Gregory A. Barker this innovative Revision Guide provides students with an effective way to recall and revise the comprehensive content of their Religious Studies A Level Year 1 and AS course.
It reinforces the knowledge and skills provided by the officially endorsed and popular Student Book, and takes students to the next level in preparation for their exams.
- Successful revision through an innovative and proven ‘Trigger’ approach.
- Essential AO1 information is provided in easy to understand bullet points, and key AO2 issues are clearly and fully explained.
- Students will develop the skills required to manage the essential information from the course, and transfer everything they have learned into the exam.
- Revision activities help students unpack their knowledge and prepare for the exam.
- Sample answers for AO1 and AO2 exam-style questions, with expert insight and advice on creating an effective answer.
- Synoptic Links show how other areas of the specification can enhance or support answers.
Gregory A. Barker is a Fellow at the University of Winchester and a former Head of Theology and Religious Studies at the University of Wales. Greg is also a published author, CPD presenter and also hosts revision events for students and teachers at schools across the United Kingdom.
“This is a brilliantly effective approach to revision guides, and one my students will definitely benefit from. Each topic has a double-spread on AO1, AO2 and then a trigger activity page. There are also sample answers at the back that show how to apply the trigger approach. This is the bit that it truly effective! Each section has key words/concepts highlighted in blue that are intended to trigger memory. The trigger activity page guides students with how to lock these triggers into long-term memory and then suggests how you might build an essay from there. With a good balance of scholarship and some short and effective trigger quotes it feels like exactly the right approach. The Christianity book is particularly welcome as this was something new for us when we started the course. Can’t wait for the Year 2 book!”
5 star Amazon review
There are no additional resources for this product
We'd love to hear what you think about this title. Any comments you make would be really helpful for our publishing team.