Written by experienced Film Studies authors and teachers, and endorsed by WJEC Eduqas, this key resource provides high-quality content, insight and analysis. It provides students with the core knowledge and exemplification they need to support them through their Film Studies course and prepare them thoroughly for their final exams.
- Richly illustrated with photographs that illustrate the key concepts, theories and critical scenes.
- Provides study advice, interpretative guidance and an analysis of the practical skills required for the production element of the specification.
- Includes study skills, practice questions and answers to introduce the assessment criteria and to build confidence.
- Concepts are explored through in-depth case study chapters on 14 films from the specification including: Casablanca, Bonnie and Clyde, La La Land, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Trainspotting, Sightseers, Mustang, Taxi Tehran, Stories We Tell, Sunrise, Buster Keaton shorts, Pulp Fiction, Daisies and Saute ma Ville, as well as references to many other films.
- Key definitions and independent activity suggestions introduce and reinforce the key terminology involved and broaden knowledge of the genres under study.
- Stretch and Challenge activities enable a deeper understanding of the concepts and theories.