Coming March 2021.
The Revised Edition of the popular Student Book covers the WJEC/Eduqas amended GCSE Music specifications for first teaching from September 2020. (For details of the previous edition from the 2016 specification, click here).
This revised edition covers the new prepared extracts in Unit 3 (WJEC) and Component 3 (Eduqas) for assessment from summer 2022:
Peer Gynt Suite No.1: Anitra’s Dance: Grieg
Everything Must Go: Manic Street Preachers
Badinerie by J.S.Bach for Flute and String Orchestra with Harpsichord
- Entered into WJEC’s endorsement process
- Covers all four Areas of Study: Musical Forms and Devices, Music for Ensemble, Film Music and Popular Music
- Provides practical activities, extension tasks, suggestions for additional listening and useful tips for individual and group work
- Supports students in all aspects of Performing, Composing and Appraising
- Helps students prepare for the Performing Assessment and presentation of their coursework for Composing: includes identifying best practice, practical advice and guidance on how to complete the required log, evaluation and programme notes
Free audio clips and web links to music performances to accompany this book will be provided via a dedicated website. ‘Listen online’ icons alongside relevant sections within the book indicate when to go online.