This edition covers the WJEC/Eduqas GCSE Music specifications for teaching for the 2016 specifications. (For the revised edition for teaching from September 2020 with assessments from 2022, click here).
This book covers the prepared extracts in Unit 3 (WJEC) and Component 3 (Eduqas) GCSE Music from the 2016 specifications:
Abdelazer Suite II: Rondeau: Purcell
Handbags and Gladrags: Stereophonics
Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, Movement 3, Minuet: Mozart
Since You’ve Been Gone: Rainbow
- This practical and concise revision guide is designed to support students preparing for their WJEC and Eduqas GCSE Music assessment.
- Provides the necessary musical information in a succinct and accessible format, ensuring students are fully equipped for assessment.
- Offers students the opportunity to practise identifying the elements of music when listening, and how they are used in composing.
- Highlights the required Musical Terms with definitions and includes plenty of Practice Questions to assist students in developing their musical theory skills.
- Provides help and advice on how to approach the listening examination and coursework.
- Contains Sample Exam Questions with example answers and commentaries to demonstrate ways to approach the exam aspect of the course.
Free audio clips and web links to music to accompany this book are provided via a dedicated website. ‘Listening’ icons alongside relevant sections within the book indicate when to go online. Click here to enter the website.