Written by a highly experienced and respected Drama teacher and Author, Annie Fox, this comprehensive resource offers detailed guidance on how to approach performing duologues for the GCSE Drama course. It aims to help students have the most positive possible experience of performing duologues, from choosing ones that suits their skills, supporting their rehearsals and trouble-shooting common problems.
- Provides guidance on how to select a duologue, including the choice of character, content and genre.
- Includes a large selection of exemplar duologues for performance practice, each with a summary of the setting and characters, as well as notes to aid in understanding and breaking down the scene.
- Offers advice and tips on how to rehearse and troubleshoot common issues such as forgetting lines and ensuring students demonstrate a range of skills.
- Covers a wide range of genres and styles, including the horror thriller Let the Right One In, the friendship drama Out of Love and the hilarious fantasy comedy, Alice.
- Supports all GCSE Drama specifications including AQA, OCR, Edexcel and WJEC/Eduqas, and offers high-quality support you can trust.
Includes the following plays:
Drama: Let the Right One In, Rope, Hymn, Leave Taking, Thebans, Out of Love, The Arrival, Moon on a Rainbow Shawl
Comedy: Alice, The 39 Steps, The Importance of Being Earnest, Beauty and the Beast, Twelfth Night, The Rivals, Pygmalion
Additional charts and grids to help students with rehearsals and note-taking are available to download from the Resources and Downloads tab.