Boost eBooks are interactive, accessible and flexible. They use the latest research and technology to provide the very best experience for students and teachers.
This popular Student Book has been revised and updated in line with WJEC’s new Level 1/2 Technical Award specification for first teaching from September 2022 and is also available as a Boost eBook. Written by an experienced Engineering teacher and examiner, it offers high quality support you can trust.
- Carefully designed to be accessible, flexible, practical and student-friendly.
- Introduces students to many of the basic engineering skills and principles and gives them a good understanding of the subject area.
- Shows students how to communicate effectively as an engineer via 3D drawing techniques and technical drawings as well as how to use and identify many tools, machines and pieces of equipment that are commonplace in the engineering world.
- Includes new exam-style questions to help students practice and prepare for the exams.
- Provides links to other relevant areas of the specification to encourage a more holistic understanding of topics.
- Includes a variety of features to ensure students get the most out of the course and achieve their potential in the exams, such as:
- Key terms – definitions of key technical words and phrases to demonstrate the vocabulary used by engineers
- Top tips – provide quick-fire advice to help students complete or understand the current task
- Tasks and mini projects – embed the knowledge students have learnt within the subject and allow them to ‘have a go’ at applying the theory