Coming Autumn 2023
An essential companion to help students master one of the most important areas of their Religious Studies course in Philosophy: knowing the key thinkers.
- Provides an overview of each thinker’s life and their ideas, with key dates, social context and why they are important.
- Helps students understand the thinkers’ main arguments and how they justified their approach to philosophy, allowing students to evaluate the theories them for themselves.
- Exam guidance section in each chapter provides a focus for revision and includes advice on how different types of questions could be tackled.
- Encourages students to explore each area of scholarly knowledge required by the specification, from grasping key ideas to knowing how to best criticise a thinker’s approach.
- Puts ideas and theories into contemporary contexts to help students build their evaluation skills.
- Timeline displaying an overview of the key dates for each thinker in relation to world events.
We'd love to hear what you think about this title. Any comments you make would be really helpful for our publishing team.