Endorsed by OCR, this inspiring Student Book supports the A and AS Level Geology specifications and provides a thorough explanation of the geological knowledge required for any study of the subject at this level.
- Written by experienced Geology authors and teachers, this resource has an engaging visual style and tone which supports and motivate students through the course and help them prepare thoroughly for their assessments.
- Case studies and key term definitions help students connect theory and reality, allowing application of their understanding of earth science to the demands of the examination.
- Highly illustrated with large, clear diagrams and a wide range of geological photographs to illustrate the key information and engage students with the content.
- Contains support for the mathematics component of the OCR course throughout to help students develop their maths skills.
- Includes practice questions with answers to test students’ knowledge and help introduce them to the assessment criteria.
Stephen Davies is a retired deputy head teacher who graduated in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University and taught Science and Geology in comprehensive schools. He presents Earth Science workshops for trainee teachers, and publishes revision guides for A Level Geology.
Frank Mugglestone graduated with First-class Honours from the Open University and for twenty years has held a number of roles in post 16 Geology education, both as a teacher and as Head of Department. He has led field visits in the UK, Iceland, North America and Europe.
Ruth Richards was awarded an MSc in Industrial Mineralogy and a PhD in Micropalaeontology by the University of Leicester. She has taught GCSE Geology and A Level Geology in comprehensive schools and has led field trips in the UK, and abroad for A level students. She currently trains Science teachers at Nottingham Trent University (ITT) where she also teaches a Geology module at undergraduate level.
Tony Shelton worked as geophysicist with the Open University Oman ophiolite group, co-writing the Geol. Soc. Memoir. After lecturing at Keele University, he worked as a consultant in the oil industry, later becoming Assistant Professor at Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat. On returning to the UK he spent 20 years teaching A-level geology and environmental science contributing to various publications.
Vincent Williams was awarded an M.Geol in geology and a PhD in Palaeobiology by the University of Leicester. He has led field trips in the UK and taught on field trips in Italy, Spain and Switzerland. He currently teaches A-Level and FdSc at Truro College.
“The authors of the new OCR Geology for A Level & AS have done a remarkable job, presenting complex ideas in an accessible way and presenting geology as a modern science. Students are given an accessible reference book that gives coverage of the OCR A Level, but in a way that allows students to explore the content, appreciate wider applications and consider areas for stretch and challenge. Bang up-to-date, comprehensive coverage and an arresting visual presentation.”
5 Star Amazon Review
There are no additional resources for this product
We'd love to hear what you think about this title. Any comments you make would be really helpful for our publishing team.