Coming Autumn 2023
An accessible and engaging study guide to support students in two key areas of the Eduqas GCSE Media Studies course: theoretical perspectives and contexts.
- Explanation of the key theoretical perspectives relating to Media Language, Representation and Audiences.
- Detailed focus on the named theories: Propp’s theory of Narrative, and Blumler and Katz’s Uses and Gratifications Theory.
- Application of theoretical perspectives to a range of media products, to reinforce key ideas and enhance understanding.
- Outline of social, cultural, historical and political contexts; and the exploration of different media forms and products in relation to these contexts.
- A range of activities to engage students and help extend their knowledge and understanding.
- Explanation of key theoretical ideas and terminology.
Theoretical perspectives help students develop knowledge and understanding of the media and support analysis of media products.
The study of contexts is important in understanding media products in relation to the time and place in which they are produced.
We'd love to hear what you think about this title. Any comments you make would be really helpful for our publishing team.